We’ve been using Rapla resource booking system for years now to manage room (and associated resources such as laptops, furniture, etc) bookings and have been using the Export2iCal plugin to pull data from Rapla and display it in various other ways. I thought it would be useful to just jot down a couple of features of Rapla/iCal that may not be obvious for anyone else thinking of doing this.
- The url for the ical feed is:
- username is the name of the user who has published a view on Rapla
- fileName [for the optional file parameter] is the name of the view to return. If the file parameter is omitted, it will return the Default view.
The thing to note here is that the ical feed returned contains the events for those resources that are shown in the Default or other named view for the user, username.
- In order to access a view via ical, it must first be published. This is achieved by selecting the desired view (or Default) and then clicking the Publish button, and ticking the ICAL Publish checkbox.
- To set which resources are shown in a given view, simply Ctrl-click to highlight them then click the Save button for the view.